Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Another "bummer" moment...

I was thinking about really good breads to use for hamburgers or turkey burgers and my mind drifted to my all time favorite - croissants... I immediately looked up the recipe for croissants, and discovered that unless I make them myself, I cannot guarantee that they will be egg-free. They usually have an egg wash on them. I was so bummed!

So, I started looking online for a good replacement for an egg wash, so I can still get the texture of the croissant (should I choose to make them in the future). I found a great resource that I will probably consult from time to time. It lists all kinds of egg substitutes and ways to use them. Just what I need!

Now I can start altering my favorite dishes to accomodate the egg allergy. I wonder what Tiramisu will taste like when using silken tofu?

No comments:

Post a Comment